Nash Health Care maintains an active schedule of educational classes and seminars across a wide range of topics designed to assist the community in making positive health choices. To learn more about any event listed here please call the number listed with that event, call 888-627-6274 or click on the contact us tab and submit the request form.
- NEW -"Battling Eating Disorders, a free community educational program led by Frank Moore, RN, BSN, MSN, a clinical instructor at the East Carolina University School of Nursing, will be held April 16 in the Nash General Hospital auditorium from 6 to 7:15 p.m. To reserve a space, please call 962-8891.
- NEW-Free Surgical Weight Loss Education Classes are offered to those interested in weight loss surgery and is your first step for entry into our program. Classes will be held April 9 and April 16. For information and to register, call the Nash Surgical Weight Loss Center at 252-962-6503 for details.
- NEW Cardiopulmonary Connections is a group that meets on the third Tuesday of every month at the Rocky Mount Senior Center for educational “lunch and learns.” The program is held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The April program will be about healthy meal planning. For more information about the program, contact Rich Jared at 962-3473. To register for the event, contact the Rocky Mount Senior Center at 972-1152.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Outpatient Program (CROP) is a state-regulated, medically supervised and EKG-monitored program for individuals with cardiovascular and pulmonary-related complications. There is a fee associated with this event. Call 962-3468 for more details.
- NEW - A free stroke prevention presentation will be held on April 17 at 11:30 a.m. at the Nash County Senior Center in Nashville. To register, call Christy Southall at 459-1375.
- NEW- Breastfeeding Classes. Nash Health Care now offers breastfeeding classes taught by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. This class provides the most current evidence-based breastfeeding information. Classes will be held the third Thursday of every month in the Auditorium at Nash General Hospital from 7-9 pm, except the month of July, when there will be no classes. Call Kim Joyner at (252) 962-8631 to register.
- B.R.A.S --Breast Recovery And Support BRAS meets the first Tuesday of each month in the Mayo Surgery Pavilion from 6 to 7:30 p.m.. BRAS is a group for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients receiving care within Nash Health Care or affiliated providers. Meetings include a guest speaker and light refreshments. For more information, call 962-6110.
- The Diabetes Support Group will meet on April 16 at Nash General Hospital. The program will be “On the Road to Better Managing Your Diabetes Conversation Map” by Beth Langley, BSN. For more information, call 962-8854.
- Alcoholics Anonymous meets Fridays and Sundays at Coastal Plain Hospital from 6 to 7 p.m. Call 962-5000 for more information.
- Narcotics Anonymous meets Saturdays at Coastal Plain Hospital. For information, call 962-5000.
- NEW-- Cardiopulmonary Connections, a group for those interested in heart and lung health, meets on the third Tuesday of every month at the Rocky Mount Senior Center. for more information, please call 962-3473.
- The Surgical Weight Loss Support Group will meet on April 8 at City Lake at 6 p.m. For information,
please call 962-6503.
- The Emily Ellis Stroke and Brain Injury Support Group will meet every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bryant T. Aldridge Rehabilitation Center.